Sunday, November 29, 2009

Khandwa!!!!!!

The two best things that happened because of my attending Kapil's wedding were 1) Kapil's wedding itself 2) My train passed through (and stopped at) Khandwa. When the train reached Khandwa (on our way back), I walked down barefoot and felt the land of Khandwa. The photograph you see below was taken by Kuldeep even as our train was leaving the platform and picking speed, and immediately after the photo, him and me had to hop in the first compartment we could get into.


You cannot imagine how happy I was. I was in *Khandwa*!!! Albeit for a few minutes. And why was I so happy? It's because a person by the name Abhas Kumar Ganguly was born in Khandwa on August 4, 1929, and stayed there until he came to Mumbai. The man I'm talking about is better known as Kishore Kumar. Need I say anything more?

3 comments:

Parikshit said...

did not realize the importance of Khandwa Jn. in your blog, until you mentioned Abhas Kumar Ganguly's name

Mohit said...

Ya man :) God is next to Kishore saab :)

Khandwa Online said...

N do you know people's call kishore kumar as kishore kumar khandwa wale.........