Friday, September 17, 2010

Restroom

Mommy opened my drawer one day to find reams of tissue papers inside. That might not sound very odd save the fact that the papers had Hindi/Urdu couplets in Devanagari scribbled all over them. Mommy was upset that I preferred using tissue papers to write stuff on despite her having “donated” me her almost empty notebook. I told her that all the lines I write are subconsciously inside me somewhere, but they prefer not to come out alone. And thanks to my irritable bowel syndrome, they have frequent company.

The restroom (I take that term to be somewhat of a euphemism) of my ex-company was where all the inspiration would hit me. My newborn couplets would enjoy a few hours of glory. Then I would email them to Roshan. After reading his comments, I’d realize that I had succeeded in creating what I had originally set out to when I was visiting the restroom: crap. Of course, without him, I wouldn’t even know the difference between good, bad, and ugly. Thank God for him.

Ah but I’m digressing. What I really wanted to say in this post is that since I have established that the place where I get all my inspiration is the restroom, I had been thinking how best I can cash on that. It’s quite plain that the better my restroom, the better my poetry. What I can do to make my restroom experience as awesome as possible is something that had been eating into me for a long time now. And finally I’ve found the answer! I’m going to buy the royal restroom the maharajas used in Udaipur palace. And I’d appreciate donations from you guys. I know you’d not make any donations without taking a look at the royal restroom. So here it is: click the link below.

Maharaja's restroom (It's soon going to be mine, yayyyyy!)

11 comments:

Parikshit said...

ya restroom chya "dagdooji" var (backrest) thoda kharcha karava lagel, but still looks better than any other restrooms.

BTW "irritable bowel syndrome"? you too? I mean doesn't or didn't someone have it or had it? as mentioned in your project fiasco :D

Mohit said...

dagdooji karun gheto re mi...don't worry...and the other fellow you mentioned has a psychological irritable bowel syndrome...mine is physical...

Anonymous said...

dude, this is your worst post. we expect much better from you...

-- Prafulla

triShie said...

...you could do with a better loo than that (in the picture)!! :p

finisher said...

haha... maharaja ka maha sandaas

Mohit said...

Prafulla, thanks for your feedback on my "shitty" post :P

Quite frankly, I write what occurs to me. Some like it; some don't.

Mohit said...

@Trish Ah but it's the Royal Restroom!!! Maybe I could get it modernized :)

Mohit said...

Thanks, Finisher :)

triShie said...

you'll need a writing table & bookshelves. don't forget those. :)

Mohit said...

@Trish Hehe, and, of course, a tissue paper dispenser :) That's what really caused the "discovery" :)

triShie said...

goodness! haha! just looked at the picture again and, there isn't any tissue dispenser!! *horror face* :) yes, that's the utmost important!